Is Your Organization’s IT Ready For Remote Work?
In the wake of the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (2019-vCoV) in Wuhan, China and subsequent spread to other countries around the world, systemsGo has restricted nonessential travel within the region and developed a policy to reduce the transmission risk to our staff and clients. Please click here if you are interested in reading about our policy.
Furthermore, we are recommending our staff to work remotely where possible.
IS YOUR ORGANIZATION’S IT READY FOR REMOTE WORK?
We were originally creating the following “Working Remotely” readiness guide to help support organizations in building and managing their remote work infrastructure in the runup to the 2020 Olympics/Paralympics as encouraged by the Tokyo government. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, however, we wanted to send it out today.
How do you enable your workforce to remain productive when they are unable to reach the office?
Solution: Provisioning and Enabling Workforce Mobility
How ready is your organization for Remote Work / Telework?
- Are your users able to access all of your IT resources – remotely from a PC or mobile device: email, files, applications, etc.?
- Are devices which are used to access company resources properly secured/encrypted and authenticated through multi-factor authentication?
- Are your users able to effectively utilize Collaboration Software such as Video Conferencing and Real-Time Chat to communicate with colleagues and business partners remotely?
- Are your employees able to conduct important business calls via their office phone numbers while working remotely?
- Do all of your employees have access to quick and effective IT remote support when needed?
systemsGo is both capable of providing IT support to remote users, and we can assist in building an IT environment where everyone can securely work remotely.
Feel free to contact us to get started now.
Please contact us for more details.